There is so much going on in Jersey City! Recently when brainstorming with my web dude from Binary Sprocket, we came up with the idea of implementing classified listings. I thought this would be valuable because it’s very hard to find Jersey City specific ads on Craigslist (and other news sites). We wanted to build something for Jersey City residents that was easy to use – whether looking for a job, an apartment, or just selling that scooter which has been taking up too much space.
ChicpeaJC Classifieds is for all things Jersey City (just like this blog). The success of our classifieds depends on you! The more you post, the better it will be. We made sure that posting ads and viewing would be easy as pie, easier than other sites. That being said, feedback is always welcome! We want to make sure the experience is a good one for everybody.
As the Classifieds grow, we’ll be adding more new and exciting features, as well as other helpful ways to interact with people in our community. One thing we ask: please keep it positive! All listings will be continuously monitored to make sure our new classifieds remain relevant and spam-free.
Things you need to know:
- Classifies will live at http://www.chicpeajc.com/jc/classifieds/ (bookmark it!)
- Anyone can browse the listings
- You must have a registered account to post a listing
- You must agree to the site terms and conditions upon registration (this provides guidelines for what is and is not acceptable to post in a listing)
- When browsing the listings, if you either do not have an account or are not logged into your account, you’ll see buttons for logging in and registering
- If you do have an account and are logged in, you’ll see buttons for managing your listings or for posting a new one
- Listings expire after 30 days but there is a one-click renewal option if you want it to run longer
- When a listing is published, interested parties can contact the seller via a button on the listing itself
- We do not expose the email address of the person posting the listing – instead, we hide the seller’s email address and contact is made via a form on each individual listing
If you have any feedback, please email us at chipeajcHQ@gmail.com.